Hosted by WASH-MN and MCF: Join We Are Still Here MN (WASH-MN)* and the Minnesota Council on Foundations to learn with your peers about grantmaking in Indian Country. Hear how three foundations are directing grants to individuals, families, and Native-led organizations. Presenters will share details about their community discovery process, how they decided to create their specific grantmaking programs, and how they have nurtured trusting relationships between funders and grantee partners. Attendees will leave with ideas about how to expand or build momentum to start a grantmaking program in Minnesota’s Native communities.
Our conversation will begin with an opening prayer offered by Sharon Day, Bois Forte Band of Ojibwe, activist, artist and writer.
- Eileen Briggs, Nation Building Portfolio Director, Bush Foundation
- Andreas Hipple, Independent Consultant, speaking about the work of the Better Way Foundation
- Erik Torch, Director of Grantmaking, Northland Foundation
After the session, we’ll keep the Zoom room open for anyone interested in continuing the conversation. This will be a great time to raise questions specific to your organization, to start discussing ideas for advancing your work, or to deepen relationships with presenters and the WASH-MN team.
View a list of related resources, available here.
- Addressing racial wealth gaps
- Native nations investments report
- Contact Eileen Briggs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Better Way Foundation